Sunday, December 27, 2009

Should I highlight my own hair or go to a salon?

I have very little money right now and have a few grays. I would only be doing a partial highlight. I have strawberry blonde hair-there are no avatar options for this color.


Should I:





Get a cap and wand from Sally Beauty supply along with some gentle highlighter?





Buy a kit from Target?





Go to the local cosmetology school and take my chances there too?





I need a gentle highlighter as my hair is dry. Any recommendations?Should I highlight my own hair or go to a salon?
Save your money, even if it is $5/ week and get it done at a salon. Scratch up the $, its well worth it.Should I highlight my own hair or go to a salon?
doing your own hair is not THAT difficult. My tips would be:


- get a rubber cap if you can, one that fit tightly at any rate


- pull only a few strands through each hole and try and make the amounts about the same for an even look


- follow the instructions on how to mix the chemicals - especially the 'patch test'


- if you are finding putting the needle throught the cap awkward get a friend to help


- do it when you have plenty of time - a rush job is bound to be not as good


- rinse really well afterwards and use a shampoo for dry/treated hair and a conditioner even if you don't usually bother


- with practise you will get better


- doing it yourself saves LOADS of money even on prices at a hairdressing school - go there for when you need a cut
I would go to the cosmetology school! Maybe ask for someone who is about ready to graduate! The teachers are always right there to help the students decide what color to do. I don't think you can go wrong with hightlights. They will know better than you just doing it yourself. Good Luck!
There is no such thing as a gentle highlighter, you highlight with bleach. If I were you I would go to the local cosmetology school. There teachers are supposed to be supervising them to make sure they dont mess up.

No comments:

Post a Comment